Greetings SARS Families and Friends-
We kicked off the ski season over the weekend with the annual SARS ski swap fundraising event here in Sandpoint. A huge THANK YOU to all of you that came together and volunteered your time.
Although we ended up being a little lean on items to sell compared to the last couple of years, we were more organized, more prepared, better staffed, better attended, and as a result had our best swap ever!
Great job and thanks for your time and energy over the weekend!
With ski season arriving sooner than we’re used to here in the Northwest, I wanted to also remind everyone of some of our important dates to get us through the Holiday season. These and all future dates are available on our Google Calendar (sync to your calendar today).
- Fall Camp #1 departure Nov. 19 (details coming separately)
- Dec. 2 and Dec. 3 – Team Jacket Pick Up outside the coaches room from 8:30– 10 (all YSL 2 and 3 day, U14, U16, and FIS team athletes will have jackets for pick up)
- Dec. 9 – YSL, U14, U16, FIS programs begin at SMR
- Dec. 16 – Masters begins (Saturday-Sunday, and Wednesday-Thursday sessions)
- Dec. 23-26 – no training (Holiday Break)
- Dec. 27 – First day of STARS which includes the 5 day Holiday Camp
- Dec. 27 – 31 Alpine Holiday camp N(YSL Home Series Race #1 will be on the 31st).
- Dec. 28 – 31 Masters Holiday camp
- Dec. 28 – 30 Freeride Holiday Camp
- We will have no YSL training Jan. 1-4
- Jan. 5 Resume with regular training days/times.
Thanks again and see you soon!