In addition to SARS winter programs, we provide optional race training camps in the summer and fall for the highly competitive and goal-oriented athlete seeking more on hill time. The summer camps are typically geared more towards technical skill development while camps in the fall intend to prepare the athlete for the competition season.
Specific details for the individual camps such as camp content and age eligible athletes can be found under the Camps menu at the top of the page. For those seeking any additional information or have a specific question about one of the SARS camps, please reach out to one of the SARS head coaches.
2022 Big Sky Fall Camp
Location: Big Sky, Montana
- Arrival 11/16/2022 (skiing: 11/17 – 11/23)
- Return home the 23rd following training
The first team meeting is mandatory and will be in the Huntley Lodge commons area at 7:00 pm Mtn time by the fireplace.
Age eligibility: U12 and older (born in 2012 or older)
New for 2022: Big Sky is requiring all athletes to stay in team lodging and they are not offering any parent lodging packages. This means that we have a one size fits all fall camp that includes lodging, lift tickets and a meal plan (3 meals per day). Parents are welcome to attend but will need to book lodging for themselves independently from SARS.
Lodging: The team is staying in the Huntley Lodge (hotel rooms) with two athletes per room. When completing your registration form please list your Childs 1st and 2nd pick for lodging. We will do our best to accommodate these wishes but there are no guarantees.
Meals: When completing registration from, please list any food allergies.
- Dinner provided on arrival night
- Three meals per day provided during duration of camp
- Breakfast and lunch only provided on our last day of skiing / check out day.
Transportation- SARS is planning to provide transportation to and from Big Sky this season. We have three vans and two trailers. If any parents are planning to attend, we might need some assistance with transportation depending on total number of attendees.
Camp Content: GS and Slalom – Seven days on snow – training four hours per day. On some days training sessions will be straight through, while on other days it may be broken into two separate two hour blocks.
- $1,750 – Full Camp: Includes lift tickets, training space, 3 meals per day, lodging, coaches’ expenses, and travel. Please note that Big Sky has race training only occurring November 17th – November 23rd. This means no public skiing. For those parents that plan on being over there throughout the week, plan accordingly.
2022 Panorama Fall Camp
All athletes planning to participate in a SARS fall project are highly encouraged to participate in session #1 at Big Sky. Session #2 at Panorama is a continuation of session #1 and for a narrower age range (U14 and older only).
Panorama Fall Camp Athlete Eligibility: U14, NWC, and FIS Team only (having previously participated in session #1 is highly recommended).
- 5-day option: Dec. 1st – 6th, 2022 (skiing Dec. 3rd – 6th for five days on snow)
- 3-day option: Dec. 1st – 4th, 2022 (skiing Dec. 2nd – 4th for three days on snow)
Departure: December 1st at 3:00pm. Van transportation for team departs from SARS office in Sandpoint.
Return: Dec. 4th and Dec. 6th – After training, van transportation for team departs from Panorama and returns to SARS office in Sandpoint at roughly 6:00pm.
Location: Panorama, BC
Camp Content: SG, GS, & SL race preparation.
Camp Leader: Jamie Landwehr (208) 946-7859
Staff: Jamie Landwehr, Ted McNamara, Chris Acosta, TBD, TBD.
Housing: Upper Village Condos in Panorama (ski-in ski-out)
Meals: All participants and staff will be on the dinner-only meal plan. Please bring your own breakfast, lunch, and snacks. We will stop on the way up Thursday night for a quick dinner along the way.
Travel Documentation & Preparation:
- Passports are required for athletes 16 and older traveling with SARS across the Canadian border. Please check to make sure that your child’s passport is current. Minors age 15 and under do not need passports to enter Canada by land or sea. They will need their birth certificate if they do not have a passport, however.
- Additionally, each athlete, under the age of eighteen, is required to have the Authorization to Travel (also found on the camps home page) signed by each parent and a notary.
- 5 day option- $1,125: Includes athlete travel, 5 nights accommodation with dinners, lift access, and coaching.
- 3 day option- $675: Includes athlete travel, 5 nights accommodation with dinners, lift access, and coaching.