With fall camp right around the corner, we wanted to send out the camp details to make sure everyone in on point for the big trip.
As a heads up, its going to be quite busy up there the first couple days so we’ll likely be in slalom mode for days 1 and 2. On the positive side the Swiss Men’s team arrives this week to prepare for the Lake Louise World Cup so we will get to see some of the best athletes in the world preparing for the first World Cup DH and SG of the year!
- Departure: November 17 at 8:00am – Van transportation for team departs from SARS office in Sandpoint. Try to be here by 7:30 for loading.
- Return: November 24 after skiing – Van transportation for team departs from Panorama after training and returns to SARS office in Sandpoint at roughly 6:00pm
- Address: SARS – Ponderosa Apartments – Building F.- 4107 Samuelson ave. – Sandpoint, ID 83864
- Camp Content: Slalom and GS early season preparation (technical and tactical foundation). The 9th Annual SARS Turkey Cup team event will also be held on Thanksgiving Day.
- What to Bring: Plan on slalom skis for days one and two. We will move into GS mode for days three through five. Days six and seven are TBD.
- Temperatures are pretty mild right now, but Pano can be “super” cold so bring plenty of warm clothing. A second set of long johns to wear under the speed suit, hand-warmers, a buff etc etc. Also bring a back pack with a water bottle and snacks for on hill. This is especially important if we end up doing a session or two on the upper mountain.
- Meals: All participants and staff will be on the dinner-only meal plan. Please bring your own breakfast, lunch and snacks. We will stop in Invermere, BC only as needed for groceries, but it will be more cost effective to bring what you need from the US. The condos have full kitchens.
- We will do a quick stop in Cranbrook for lunch on the way up.
Staff: Jamie, Ted, Chris, Michael, Sue, Joel, Becca, Brandon (and Chuck Thurs. – Sat.)
Families Welcome at Session #1: The team will be staying in Panorama Springs Lodge but there are several buildings in the upper village to choose from.
Check out the Parent lodging link on the Camps Home page for significant lodging discounts applicable to SARS families.
You might see (or have already seen) an email about our family style Thanksgiving feast in the Pano Springs Lobby. Thank you Lisa, Anja, and Wendy for keeping this greattradition alive!
Travel Documentation on Trip: Each athlete is required to have current passport and, if under the age of eighteen, have completed authorization to travel doc and have handy in their carry-on van bag during travel to/from Canada.
First Team meeting:
For those arriving with your family, we will have a team meeting in the Pano Spring Lobby at 6:00 pm on Saturday the 17th just prior to dinner.
We will have your team jackets with us at this time, so no need to bring last years team coat.
See you Saturday.